About Urmston Grammar
The Governors and Urmston Grammar’s Leadership Team run a highly successful 11-18 co-educational grammar school with an outstanding national and local reputation for academic excellence in a caring community.
On this contract, we were tasked with providing an innovative Audio Visual (AV) Solution for a school which was initially using a mixture of touch screen and projector technology. On this project, due to a tight-budget, we were faced with the challenge of offering a solution which maximised quality but was also financially feasible for the school.
Working collaboratively, after a meeting with Network Manager Mark Drabble, the following objectives and challenges were noted:
- The school currently had a mixture of touch screen and projector technology. A solution was needed which would maximise the consistency of user experience.
- A large portion of the school’s fleet was coming to the end of its life or staff had lost the knowledge of how to use the technology to its fullest.
- The school was considering replacing the entire fleet. Possibly over a 3-year period.
- A system that uses open-ended software would be preferable.
- Some staff wished to use SMART Notebook software with any new technology
Providing a flexible solution, we offered a detailed cost model which contained 2 options, including:
- Option 1: Lease - Involving replacing all equipment within the 1st year
- Option 2: Purchase - Buying replacements over a 5-year period
Both options included:
- Provision of 30 units of Sharp PN652CS 65” Interaction screens
- Wall Mounted Brackets, included in price
- Installation and training, included in price
In order to provide the school with an AV solution which maximised consistency of user experience and quality, we arranged to replace all existing touch screens and projectors with Sharp PN652CS 65” Interaction screens.
Adding value, we conducted a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to ascertain the level of support and training required for school staff to implement the new technology for the benefit of students. We then delivered technical training at a time and in a format which suited the school.
Furthermore, evidencing our ability to ensure the best value for our clients, we were able to secure a cost saving for the school through creation of a bespoke leasing agreement to replace all their screens within 1 year.
As an alternative to purchasing replacements over a 5-year period, this meant that the school was able to immediately upgrade their technology within their original budget.